Diagnosing a listener problem?

  • From: <Jay.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:33:44 -0400

On one of our databases we're having an odd recurring problem.  It first
happened immediately after a firewall change but has recurred twice.

3 times so far the listener has frozen.  The process is still running
but no connections are being allowed in and it isn't possible to stop
the listener using lsnrctl (it just hangs).  We need to kill the process
and restart it.

Can anyone suggest any diagnostics to run if the problem recurs before
we kill the listener and restart it?

Solaris 2.8

Oracle 9.2.0.7

Jay Miller