Re: Dataguard question

  • From: Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 19:41:08 +0200

Please provide the current settings on both sites for fal_client, fal_server, log_Archive_Dest_X (the one that's configured to send to the standby). If these parameters point to entries in the tnsnames file please include them too.

Harel Safra

On 24/11/2010 18:29, Goulet, Richard wrote:

I hope someone has an answer to the following. I've a DG standby (physical) with the FAL_CLIENT and SERVER set but for some reason it isn't working. In looking at how the server and log_archive_dest_2 service were set up the case is different. Does this make a difference to DG??? Namely are these case sensitive??

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA