Re: Database sizing

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JDunn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:51:31 -0700

The way disk is sold these days I would not worry about it too much.

Buy the number of spindles you need to satisfy IO's per second requirements,
and
you are sure to have much more disk than needed.

If you plan according to size, 2 1 Terabyte disks in a RAID 1 will probably
do it.
Performance will suffer accordingly.

Jared

--