Database Vault / Oracle Universal Installer Problem

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 18:29:18 +0200

Hello list

Today, trying to install the n-th test-instance of db vault 10.2.0.3 I seem
to hit, for the first time, what is known as bug 5904637  DB VAULT INSTALL
ERROR "THE INSTALLER HAS NOT DETECTED ANY ORACLE
10.2.0.3.0".<https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=BUG&p_id=5904637>

OUI refuses to install db vault on top of a freshly created (and installed)
10.2.0.3 database, and, according to that bug's text, finds some evidence of
ASM being in use in that ORACLE_HOME and therefore quits immediately. But
I'm not using ASM (at least not that I know of :-) . So far, I couldn't
figure out how/where the installer gets this information from.

Also, a -ignoreSysPrereqs didn't do any good.

Does anyone have any idea where to look / how to get the installer not to
think that I'm using ASM ?

OS is RHEL4.

Cheers

Stefan