RE: Database Control licensing question

  • From: "Baumgartel, Paul" <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'JHostetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <JHostetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:58:14 +0100

Jay,

You can use Database Control without licensing the packs, but,  as it was
explained to me, you venture into Packs territory pretty much the minute you
start to drill down on any of the performance/diagnostic/configuration links,
so as a practical matter it's difficult to do.  I think the manual on licensing
gives the details.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology