Data Masking errors during script

  • From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 15:01:06 -0700

Ok I need some help with the data masking scripts generated from EM.  I
pre-generate the masking scripts and then run them on my clone database.
However if it happens to run into an error when recompiling a referenced
procedure the whole script will stop.  Is there a way to allow the script
to continue on so it doesn't leave the database in an inconsistent state?

I even sometimes have problems where I generate two scripts, say one for
SSN and another one that does all birth dates.  I run SSN one first and it
will revoke all grants and at the end is supposed to reply those grants.
Well for some reason it misses a grant but there is not error.  And then
when the birth date script runs a procedure will error out compiling
because it needed that grant that the previous script missing reapplying.

Masking scripts are becoming a pain.

Thanks,
Jeff