Re: Create standby with OEM failing

  • From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:41:06 -0700

What we have done in the past is:

1) Take a backup with the standby controlfile
    - in our case, we had to physically ship the backup over to the standby
site
2) Restore the standby and mount it (don't bother with recovery unless this
process takes days)
3) Discover the standby in OEM
4) Configure Data Guard in OEM with the "using existing physical standby"
option

OEM will take care of the configuration including the broker and then your
standby should catch up eventually.