[oracle-l] Re: Cloak and fedora... Oracle licensing...

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:38:29 -0500

On 01/27/2004 05:13:43 PM, "Bellow, Bambi" wrote:
> Hi Guys!
>
> It's that time of year again... license renewals... and we need to
> find out
> who has what on their PCs.  Has anyone found a way to figure out who
> in the
> corporation has an unregistered copy of Oracle, or how to spot
> someone
> installing Oracle on their PC?  I'm thinking cloak-and-dagger
> stuff...
> somehow I can visualize Mladen in a fedora...

I used to solve that problem using tnsping. If a machine that wasn't
supposed to have oracle installed, responded to tnsping, then the
culprit would have to eat food prepared by yours truly. I know that
it's  inhuman, but it was very efficient. And I do like fedoras,
especially the model worn by Freddy Kruger.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA