Chained vs. migrated rows - Any easy way to tell the difference?

We have two databases that are showing very high number of table fetch
continued row in v$sysstat each day and before doing a move or
export/import or copying the rows off and reinserting them I was hoping
to find out if I'd really gain anything.

All I found in the Oracle docs was the suggestion to assume they're
migrated and if the fix doesn't work then that means they were really
chained ( Note:122020.1).

I'm considering using length() on all the columns and adding them
together to find any rows that wouldn't fit in a block but was wondering
if there was an easier way.  Besides, one of the tables (third party
app) has a long raw column so there's no easy way to get the column
length there.

Thanks,
Jay Miller