Re: Best way to execute a function

  • From: "Rumpi Gravenstein" <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 16:49:14 -0400

Sandy,

What's wrong with putting the function in a PL/SQL block?   If the function
is closely associated with a query I could see it being called as part of
that query.

On 6/8/07, Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

RHEL 4.0, Oracle 9.2.0.8, Java.

A developer just asked me the best way to execute a function.  I can't say
that I've ever seen it outside of a procedure and haven't found any
information on another way to do it during my search this morning.  He said
he tried using a call statement, but couldn't get it to return any results.
He is currently using the following statement:

select pwrfunc.oragen@customersite(RPAD<pwrfunc.oragen@customersite%28RPAD>(?,
25)||RPAD(?, 25)||RPAD(?, 30)|| RPAD(?, 60)) from dual;

Any suggestions?

Sandy

--
Rumpi Gravenstein