Re: Autostarting wallet question.

  • From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 09:58:10 -0500

Just to circle back on this topic.

I have been creating "local" wallets and using them on remote machines just
fine. I did find one peculiarity that I filed as a bug, though. Since I was
testing with "simple" passwords, I discovered that the "alter system" way
of creating a key has a completely different password complexity check than
does orapki. For instance,

this will work:
alter system set encryption key identified by ora11g;

this will not:
orapki wallet create -wallet $ORACLE_BASE/admin/$ORACLE_SID/wallet
-auto_login_local -pwd ora11g

PKI-01002: Invalid password:Passwords must have a minimum length of eight
characters and contain alphabetic characters combined with numbers or
special characters.

Obviously, not a big deal, just an annoyance. :)

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Jeremy Schneider <
jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I am just trying to find my way. :) I do not yet know the difference
between
a "regular auto login wallet" and a "local wallet". I assume the former
is
an SSO and the latter a PK1, but what makes it "local" vs not local?

pre-11gR2 style auto login:
- orapki wallet create -auto_login
-
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/network.111/b28530/asoappf.htm#i638575

11gR2 *local* auto login:
- orapki wallet create -auto_login_local
-
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/network.112/e40393/asoappf.htm#ASOAG10543

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider