Asynchonous CDC in 10GR2

  • From: "Arul Ramachandran" <contactarul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:07:23 -0700

Hi,

I checked out Async CDC a couple of months ago, but currently I do not have
a 10GR2 environment.

I have a few questions on Asynch CDC, in regards to setting up the change
table.

1. After letting dbms_cdc_publish.create_change_table create the change
table, is it ok to (manually) add columns to it? I need to add a couple of
snapshot columns that are not present in the base table.

2. Would it be possible to implement a database insert trigger on the change
table to populate the snapshot columns of the change table?

3. Does Async CDC partition the change table automatically? If so, what is
the partitioning scheme? (The manual simply tells "Change Data Capture
automatically manages the change table partitioning as part of its change
table management")
Thanks in advance,
--
Arul