RE: Another Iicensing conundrum

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 09:11:37 -0500

Someone needs to read your initial purchase contract.  Did you purchase
a perpetual license or was a "lease" agreement signed.  That is, you may
have effectively just leased the software.  In our initial contract the
acquiring of the software and the maintenance agreements were separate.

Depending on which products you have both positions may be true.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148