Alias VIPS to SCAN

  • From: Stojan Veselinovski <stojan.veselinovski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:40:13 +1000

Hi All,

We are in the process of looking at migrating some older legacy RAC systems
to a new 12C GI on Solaris T4.  One of the challenges we are facing is
getting any level of application change including connect strings.

A proposal we are looking at is to alias the old vips to point to the new
SCAN. The thinking is all should work ok behind the scenes without much
change.  Haven't really got my head across what happens with failover and
load balancing or even if its doable.  It'll look somethign like this

oldserver1-vip   oldserver2-vip
        12C-RAC-SCAN

Any thoughts?

--