Re: ASM vs FS backups

  • From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 07:20:05 +0100

Hi

In 11gR2 even ACFS is available Oracle does not support sending RMAN backups
to this filesystem, ACFS only supports those files bot supported by plain
ASM so gives an impression that RMAN backups seems to be designed to go to
ASM in RAC and when there is no CFS available.

I have customers sending RMAN backups to Netapp NAS and this handles
failures automatically when one node fails. But with plain NFS you probably
need some sort of scripting to determine which node to run the backups.

If you are worried about copying in 11g asmcmd you can run cp commands for
database files

Thanks

--
LSC