RE: 9.2.0.5 TO 9.1.0.1

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:25:51 -0400

So, to summarize:
9.2.0.x = Oracle 9i Release 2
9.0.1.x = Oracle 9i Release 1

9.1.0.x was never released.

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
ProQuest Company
Ann Arbor, MI
"Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

        -----Original Message-----
        From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Sharman
        Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 4:37 PM
        To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Cc: Peter Ross Sharman
        Subject: RE: 9.2.0.5 TO 9.1.0.1

        Well, I think there are two versions we could be looking at
here. 9.2.0.1 was the first Production release of 9.2 IIRC, or they
could mean 9i Release 1 in which case it's 9.0.1.x.  I don't think there
are any problems with exporting from 9.2 and importing to 9.0, but maybe
others can comment more knowledgeably than I (not difficult at the best
of times, I know.  :-))

        Pete

        Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

        "Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"

        Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA