RE: 12i Apps on Rac - ASM or OCSF

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:39:06 -0700 (PDT)

I put it in the title but not in the body.

  This will be on Apps 12i on RAC, unbreakable Linux, San is EMC this has
already been signed in concrete.  The debate is ASM or OCFS.

  I have very limited knowledge of RAC and ASM  and OCSF.

  I know ASM on Rac by itself seems to be ok.  The question is with 12i Apps
and Rac.

  Consultants are also pushing OCSF, I just assumed we were going with ASM.
  Thanks and I have cross posted this to the apps group to see what they say
but I know there are some apps people here as well.

  Kathy
  confused and abused today .....it's got to be 5:00 o'clock somewhere

Brian Mullin <bmullin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
        We use ASM with an Oracle Apps instance and have had no problems.  ASM
is, I think, far too much headache for a DBA to deal with?and doesn't make
sense for small or mid-size businesses unless part of a larger enterprise
storage architecture plan.  For an Oracle Apps instance, my money would be on a
single node (single-user) install, multi-processor Dell with Red Hat, Veritas
file system to LUNs on an Hitachi SAN.

  Thanks!
  Brian

  Brian Mullin | Sr. Oracle Applications DBA | www.Salesforce.com | P