10g install hist

  • From: "Ron Rogers" <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:57:30 -0500

List,
 I just return from a 10g seminar and I talked to them about hacking
the Disk1/install/linux/orapram.ini file to allow the install on the OS
of choice. If you comment out the [Certified Versions] section, Oracle
will not make any of the tests agianst the OS.
 The new 10g database and Enterprise Manager looks real slick. The old
"packs" from the old EOM are incorporated in the new release and part of
the database. It can monitor the database and provide suggestions in
tuning on the fly.
 Now to just get the newest upgrade to the RedHat AS 2.1 downloaded and
installed...
Ron