Re: sizing for apps

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:55:32 +0300

Hi Kenan,

As far as I know there are some general metrics around for Apps sizing.
Only problem with those that those are generic and do not count
specific thinks for your environment.
Some typical performance problems that I have faced was customization
related. It is quite rare then you are dealing with vanilla EBS
implementation.

You might be interested in taking a look on the following posts:
Steven Chan
Benchmarking Applications Performance
http://blogs.oracle.com/schan/newsItems/departments/optimizingPerformance/2006/05/31

Oracle Applications Benchmark
http://www.oracle.com/apps_benchmark/index.html

I believe you will find starting figures from that information.
In real live I am basing sizing on previous experience working in EBS
implementation projects.

Jurijs

On 4/7/07, Kenan Öztürk <mynameiskenan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

is there a way(tool, document etc.) to determine hardware(CPU, RAM, storage
etc) , according to the user count or another criteria for apps including
database and application server?

Regards,
Kenan

with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.