Re: moving concurrent managers and reports server

  • From: Kenan "�zt�rk" <mynameiskenan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:45:23 -0700 (PDT)

ok guys thanks a lot.

Regards,
Kenan

Lynne Ly <linhlynne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Before you decide to go forth with the
decision. You
need to make sure that the platform that you are on
supports split configuration.

In addition, before you start altering the
architecture, you need to consider other options:
1)What's causing the performance?
2)Have you proper tuned your Concurrent managers?
3)If you moved the CM and report to another node,
what's the network performance between the database
and the new node where the CM are going to?
4)Is the new node able to hold all the processing, are
you moving the problem to another server?
5)Are customization reports  properly tuned?
6)What's the possibility of upgrading the RAM and
CPU?etc.

--- Jurijs Velikanovs  wrote:

> Kenan,
>
> This doesn't sound to me as unrealistic task.
> Nseke's point is that Clone procedures use the same
> process to move
> components from one server to another.
> You edit Context file pointing to a new host names
> and run autoconfig
> to change the configuration.
> This is the same think that rapid clone is doing
> during cloning process.
>
> If you would like to join Web/Forms with CM
> components on the same
> host A, then I would say you need to use slightly
> different process.
> It would be merging.
> Note:233428.1
> Subject:  Sharing the Application Tier File System
> in Oracle Applications 11i
> Section 4: Merging existing APPL_TOPs into a single
> APPL_TOP
>
> Please let us know if you need more information on
> that subject.
>
> Regards,
> Jurijs
>
> On 4/10/07, Kenan Öztürk
> wrote:
> > but i want my PROD system to be same and do not
> want to create a new apps
> > environment!
> >

> > aurélien nseke  wrote:
> > by clone .
> >
> > 2007/4/10, Kenan Öztürk :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > i have a two-noded configuration:
> > >
> > > forms and web server are on one node(node A) and
> concurrent
> > managers,reports server and database on the
> other(node B),
> > >
> > > because of the performance concerns, i want to
> move concurrent managers
> > and reports server to node A and make node B the
> only serve for database!
> > >
> > > so what is the proper way to do that, any
> suggestions?
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Kenan
> > > ________________________________
> > Never miss an email again!
> > > Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail
> arrives. Check it out.
> > >

> > --
> > Aurélien Nseke
> > Consultant Technique Oracle
> > 10, rue des pavillons
> > 92800 PUTEAUX
> > aurelien.nseke@xxxxxxxxx
> > 06.15.75.46.51 / 01.78.53.29.40
> >

> > ________________________________
> > Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.
> > Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
> >

> --
> Yury
> +371 29268222 (+2 GMT)
> http://otn.oracle.com/ocm/jvelikanovs.html

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time