Re: What are the steps of manual cloning in oracle apps 11i

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:07:57 +0100

Solo,

Can you please describe a little bit more to us what you are trying to achieve?
- What is the version of EBS you are using?
- Why you can't use Rapid Clone procedure described in the Metalink
note Note:230672.1
Subject:        Cloning Oracle Applications Release 11i with Rapid Clone
- What do you mean by "manual  cloning" ?

Some years ago I have then Oracle didn't supported cloning staff at
all we used pure MANUAL cloning method. Then you copy all Apps files
from one server (prod), then replace all appearances of PROD server
name (ports, paths) in all configuration files (using scripting, sed
etc.), updates few tables in DB and can use test env as PROD copy.
After oracle introduced autoconfig, context files etc. the cloning
procedure become a lot simple.

Rapid Clone just doing that job for you in nice and more impotently
official and supported way :)

Yury

On 6/30/06, solo mahi <solo.erp2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can some one please help me regarding the steps of manual cloning in oracle apps 11i.

Thanks  & regards

Solo

--
Yury