Re: Server Monitor...

  • From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:34:10 +1000

I don't think there is a universal way of retrieving the information
you are after.
Forms component have some instrumentation (available via OAM),
depending on version you are on J2EE component have it own interface
(like in R12 there are DMS interface).
I don't think Report Server is used in EBS often nowadays (oracle
reports are used).

Just wonder why you would like to monitor those individual components
at first place?
According to my personal experience working with quite big EBS
implementation (9k users / 12k users) resources on Apps nodes are
10-20% utilized.
The bottleneck most of the cases is on DB side. I normally limit Apps
nodes resource utilization monitoring to OS/HW resources (CPU, SWAP,
IO etc) and processes count.
If you see a significant resources utilization on your Apps nodes I
would start a troubleshooting straight away. Meaning switching on
additional detailed monitoring we do have, like manual TOP, strace,
etc.

Yury