Re: Reg : ln -f command

  • From: "Anant (DBA)" <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:17:36 +0530

My other friends helped you in regard to your problem below message may help
you:

1.From the man pages, -f means remove destination files (i.e. second
argument in your case) if it exists
(the -f stands for --force, i.e. force the link to be created, otherwise, if
the destination exists, then it will complain and do  nothing)
Here's an excerpt pertaining to the '-f' option:
     -f    Link files without questioning the user, even  if  the mode of
target forbids writing. This is the default if the standard input is not a
terminal.

2.You could try the man page for the 'ln' command and try this link too:
http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?ln

Thanks,
:-)