Rebuilding Text Indexes in 11i

  • From: "Zydek, Steven" <steven.zydek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:21:28 -0500

Hello DBAs,

Have any of you had any experience rebuilding the Text Indexes in 11i? We
migrated from 9i on Tru64 to 10gR2 on HPUX 11.23 (Itanium) not so long ago and
while trying to upgrade the AD tools, I had a strange error while running the
new version of AutoConfig (during the JTF_TOP portion)...

Connected.
DECLARE
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29874: warning in the execution of ODCIINDEXALTER routine
ORA-29960: line 1,
DRG-10595: ALTER INDEX JTF_AMV_ITEMS_URL_CTX failed
DRG-10561: index JTF_AMV_ITEMS_URL_CTX is not valid for requested operation
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SYS_SQL", line 909
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SQL", line 39
ORA-06512: at line 96

It took support about a full week  to get back to me and when they did, they
told me that somehow the Text Indexes got screwed up during one of our
migrations, so I need to run a whole slew of scripts to get them all back in
good shape. Here's what they told me specifically:

Follow steps in note 312640.1 "Oracle Text: Re-installation of Applications 11i
(11.5.10) Oracle Text Indexes"

Has anyone ever gone through this process? I'm now getting the following error
when running SQL> @cssrctxp.sql apps cs ctxsys:

declare
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04042: procedure, function, package, or package body does not exist
ORA-06512: at line 155

Any ideas?? Support is taking a long time to respond again...

Thanks !!
+Steve