REG:RAC Setup

  • From: Mamatha Neeli <mamta.neeli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-apps-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 14:25:16 +0800

Hello DBA's

I have installed RAC now.But have a  issue.

After installation I have checked crs_stat -t in rac1 and everything was
showing online.

But after rebooting rac1 and rac2.When I do it again.I get the below result.
rac1-> crs_stat -t
Name Type Target State Host
————————————————————
ora.devdb.db application ONLINE ONLINE rac2
ora….b1.inst application ONLINE ONLINE rac1
ora….b2.inst application ONLINE OFFLINE
ora….SM1.asm application ONLINE ONLINE rac1
ora….C1.lsnr application ONLINE UNKNOWN rac1
ora.rac1.gsd application ONLINE UNKNOWN rac1
ora.rac1.ons application ONLINE ONLINE rac1
ora.rac1.vip application ONLINE ONLINE rac1
ora….SM2.asm application ONLINE UNKNOWN rac2
ora….C2.lsnr application ONLINE UNKNOWN rac2
ora.rac2.gsd application ONLINE UNKNOWN rac2
ora.rac2.ons application ONLINE UNKNOWN rac2
ora.rac2.vip application ONLINE ONLINE rac2

rac1-> srvctl status nodeapps -n rac1
VIP is running on node: rac1
GSD is not running on node: rac1
Listener is not running on node: rac1
ONS daemon is running on node: rac1

rac1-> srvctl status nodeapps -n rac2
VIP is running on node: rac2
GSD is not running on node: rac2
Listener is not running on node: rac2
ONS daemon is not running on node: rac2

rac1-> srvctl status asm -n rac1
ASM instance +ASM1 is running on node rac1.

rac1-> srvctl status asm -n rac2
ASM instance +ASM2 is not running on node rac2.

rac1-> srvctl status database -d devdb
Instance devdb1 is running on node rac1
Instance devdb2 is not running on node rac2

when I tried manually up the database in rac2 I receive below error:

SQL> startup
ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters
ORA-01565: error in identifying file ‘+DG1/devdb/spfiledevdb.ora’
ORA-17503: ksfdopn:2 Failed to open file +DG1/devdb/spfiledevdb.or
ORA-15077: could not locate ASM instance serving a required diskgroup.

I’m new to RAC please suggest me what needs to be done.

Thanks,
Mamta