Out of Topic - Facing error during RHEL 4 AS 3 Installation ( Hangs at Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel)

  • From: "Shastry(DBA)" <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:53:37 +0530

Hello All,

Sorry in first place as this question might be felt Out of scope in this
forum.

I am trying to setup a 11.5.10.2 for testing purpose on RHEL 4 AS 3, But I
was successful in installing the Linux by giving the below parameter:

linux askmethod pci=nommconf all-generic-ide noapic nolapic

But while reboot I am hung at "Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the
kernel" stage.  Can anyone kindly share your experience in resolving it?
I am on Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 4GB RAM and SATA HDD (HP d5800
Desktop). Also tried to see where i can edit the grub.conf before logging
in, bad luck i cannot find out the one unless i could get in.

Thanks in advance.

Reg,
Ananth