Re: Oracle apps Hot Cloning

  • From: Nirmal Kumar Muthukumaran <gm_nirmal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:35:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Please correct my understanding of your answer, if i'm
worng.

1. The source application instance is running on
server1, which is mirrored hard drives (say Raid5).

2. Now I have to plug out the mirrored hard drivers
from server1 and plug in to the target server, server2

3. Run the pre-clone steps on server2 and take backup
and move the backup to the origital target server,
server3.

4. Now I have to do the clone/post clone steps in
server3.

This is what you are explaining me?.

Regards,
Nirmalkumar.