Load Balancing/Failover

  • From: "Belinda Hamilton" <HamiltBC@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 07:54:13 -0400

Hello list members,
I am running apps 11.5.10.2 on 9.2.0.6 db.  I have a two node middle
tier and 2 node RAC database tier.  I need to set up both load balancing
between the two middle tiers and failover.  I am following note
279956.1.  When I take down the master db node and try to connect
through the app, it is not failing over to the remaining live db node.
It still wants to connect to only the 1st db node.  The load balancing
was working correctly as I could see processes on both servers.

The questions I have are....

Do the entries in the tnsnames.ora need to be in a certain order?

Does the TWO_TASK on the middle tier need to match the TWO_TASK on db
tier?

Are there certain formats for entries in the tnsnames for different
db/app versions?

Does anyone have examples they could share or any other documents that
would be helpful.

We thought our consultant had this all set up correctly and tested but
found out differently when the master db server died and I could not
failover to the second node.  I definitely learned you need to perform
your own testing.

Thank you for any help.
Belinda

This email, including any attachment(s) to it, is confidential
which it is addressed. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender. Note that any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and do
not represent those of O'Brien & Gere. O'Brien & Gere does not
accept liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email. The recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.