Re: How to install Oracle Application on remote linux box?

  • From: mshabahat <mshabahat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 12:31:26 -0800

Hi Ananad,

Use rsh or ssh or xwindows with DISPLAY variable set properly and get
connected to the remote computer and install the Applications. Documnetation
is available on on oracle site/metalink. It is not a difficult task, but do
it carefully stepwise. Check that all Op. System requirements are full
filled first.

Best wishes,
M. Shabahat

On 12/31/06, Anand <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,
Happy New Year 2007.
I have a task to do which is very Urgent.
Please can anyone guide me how to install Oracle Application on linux box
as the server is in remote place or send me the document if anyone has
it.I have done the installation on the local machine.I am a newbie on the
installation part.I need your advice

Thanks in advance,

Anand

--
"Challenges !! ?.
Some people see them as obstacles, but others, the exceptional few, see them