Costing Reversal Issue

  • From: "Zydek, Steven" <steven.zydek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 08:23:32 -0500

Has anyone else ever ran across the following error message when trying to do a
costing reversal?

APP-PAY-06881: Error ORA-02291: integrity constraint
(HR.PAY_COSTS_FK2) violated - parent key not found has occurred in table
pay_costs at location 3017.

After reading through 1012439.6, I decided to try solution 4:
If the above do not fit your scenario, try the following:
a. disable the constraint
b. issue the DML statement again.
c. when successful, re-enable the constraint with the exceptions into
clause. Refer to Oracle7 Server SQL Language Reference Manual
p.4-71 and 4-281 for more information.

This fix seems to have cleared up the error message, but the costing result is
still not being properly posted to GL (i.e., transfer to GL process is not
working). Does anyone have any experience with this? We're running 11.5.10.2 on
HPUX 11.11 w/a 10.2.0.2 RDBMS.

Thanks for any help!
+Steve