Re: Apps password

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:55:58 +0300

Anant,

That note doesn't provide details of how connection is made. And where
from password are read by Apps utilities and processes.

It happened that we received some Apps environment. The processes
didn't start up and returned a APPS user related errors.
I tried to trace connection process and found out that
- oracle connects through APPLSYSPUB account
- runs something like select ENCRYPTED_FOUNDATION_PASSWORD,
ENCRYPTED_USER_PASSWORD from fnd_users
- one of the fields stores GUEST apps password other APPS user DB
password to be used to connect to DB using APPS connection.

By that time I was really surprised that this is something that takes place :)

PS I will be glad if somebody will add bits of information to that
discussion and end of the day we would get complete description of the
whole process.

Jurijs

On 6/18/07, Anant <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Yury,

Please do so. we will be grateful to see the explainations from you.

Regards,
Anant

--
Yury