[optimal] Re: Welcome to the new OPTIMAL list.

  • From: "Kim Gray" <KGray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:32:38 -0400

Please remove me from this list.

From: optimal-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:optimal-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Joe Warnicki
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2010 11:53 AM
To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [optimal] Welcome to the new OPTIMAL list.

Welcome to the new OPTIMAL list.

I just moved the entire membership of the old list over to this list.

The OPTIMAL server had another power problem and a new solution needed
to be found quickly.

I have connected with a group, freelists.org, that will give us a list
serve and I moved OPTIMAL to it until a better solution can be found. It
has web, RSS and email access so once joined you can get messages with
any of these methods.

The link to join, change options, remove duplicate emails and review the
archive is //www.freelists.org/list/optimal

The list will send you a password if you enter your email address
without a password.

To post just send an email to optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The list has several advantages. It is actually more like the original
OPTIMAL then the last version. You can now attach images and you can
also review messages using an RSS feed. It also has a digest mode.

That being said it does not have all the advantages that we would want
to share information. I'm still looking at other solutions which will
give us more features but at least this site will have better
availability.

Anton and Mark have already made some suggestions for a better list, if
others have ideas I would also like to discuss these.

We started OPTIMAL back in 1993 with only 25 users. At that time most
ophthalmic photographers shot on film and did not have email addresses.
I don't have an accurate current membership since some users have
multiple email addresses registered but I would guess we have between
800 and 1000 members world wide.

Thank you all for participating.

Joe

--