[optimal] UBM information

  • From: CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center <cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:03:42 -0700

There is not a large market for UBM- thus, the choices are limited

The Quantel unit is very fine, as is the Accutome
Both have fine probes
It’s all about the probe!, the generation of the image, the resolution

And the functionality of the software….

I hear the new Sonomed unit is quite impressive.  Their image quality is said,
by experts , to be top notch with marked improvements on probe and image
resolution.

I would check those top three contenders..

Denice
No financial interest
I happen to use the AVISO unit myself, for reasons I am happy to discuss off
line.

Denice

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, CDOS, FOPS
Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center
CPMC Department of Ophthalmology
2100 Webster Street Suite 212
San Francisco CA 94115