[optimal] The grid and other thoughts

  • From: angiolith@xxxxxxx
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 06:26:27 -0400 (EDT)

 Even the Amish get an Englisher to drive them to the hospital when there's an
emergency.  It's pretty hard to live off the grid. However, if you want to try,
get a slide rule!

Beware the Tesla.  Last time I visited my Mother in Santa Monica, I was jogging
across the Pacific Coast Highway (at a traffic light on the palisade) at 6am.
I almost got run over by a Tesla coming up the hill from Malibu - it made
almost no  noise, just a slight jet engine-like noise!  I didn't get a good
look at the driver, but the hair looked like Tom Cruise.

Marty Rothenberg
Angiographics, Inc.

Disclaimer:  I can't afford a Tesla or a wind farm.