[optimal] Question on fluorescein dosages

  • From: CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center <cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 18:19:03 -0800

Dear Optimal Tribe

Am looking for publication, survey, etc on the merits of Simultaneous
FA/ICG cocktail

Interesting citations going back to 1999-2001 about correct dosages.  I
see one here out of Argentinausing 500mg CA and 12.5 mg of ICG in bolus.
Can that be right?

We're using 2 cc's 25% FA ( 250mg/ml) and 4.5 cc reconstituted ICG in
same syringe.  Works great.

Retina docs telling me we must go back to old school of separate bolus,
stopcock, separate syringes.  Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of
SIMULTAENOUS FA/ICG?

Citation in "Ophthalmic Photography" Saine, Tyler "for simultaneous
FA/ICG dosages of the two dyes are combined in the same syringe".  Exact
dosages not mentioned.

I'd sure like to have a stronger argument than empirical evidence visa
vis great photos on the Spectralis to make my case.

Thanks

Denice

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, FOPS

Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center