[optimal] Re: Nikon FS-2 digital conversion

  • From: jmc eye photo <jmceyephoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:20:35 -0500

hi fernando

i have an beam splitter attachment for a Nikon FS2 ( see Attached photos )

will in help you ?

Michael

On Jan 17, 2011, at 6:21 PM, Fernando Corrada wrote:

Hi optimalers.

I am trying to revive a very old Nikon FS2 photo slitlamp. This project may not be feasable but I am going to give it a good try.
The optics, flash and illumination are in good working order. The FS2 is missing the ring that holds the 35mm camera which used to be a Nikon FM2. The missing Nikon mount ring has 5 screw holes and the holes are not symmetrical in location. Does anyone has one of this FS2's in a closet that could sell/donate/barter some of its parts?
Plan B would be to use a P&S camera with a Haag-Streit BM slit lamp. TTI Medical sells a P&S with an adapter to insert in the eyepiece optical tube for $1k. If anyone has such a setup or similar, please comment here or offline.
Thank very much in advance.

Fernando B. Corrada
Fletcher Allen Health Care
Burlington,VT