[optimal] Re: Need advise on B-scan ultrasound devise

  • From: "Ellen Redenbo" <ellen.redenbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:10:55 -0700

Quantel makes a 20MHz posterior B probe that is superb for looking at fine
retinal tears on their Aviso machine. (Which also has UBM)

Ellen Redenbo, CDOS, CRA, ROUB, Supervisor
Ophthalmic Imaging Center
UC Davis Eye Center
4860 Y Street, Suite 2400
Sacramento, CA 95817-2307
Phone (916) 734-1094
Page (916) 816-1632
Fax (916) 734-6992

From:   Raymond Mok <raywmok@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   08/20/2014 12:01 PM
Subject:        [optimal] Need advise on B-scan ultrasound devise
Sent by:        optimal-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi folks,

Our 15+ years old iCube B scan ultrasound is acting strange recently. It
will freeze up in the middle of a test lately and needs to restart and
also having problem uploading into the server.
I wonder if someone can suggest an ultrasound unit that can also perform
UBM (high resolution ultrasound as the iCube). Our manager would like to
have a few options so we can compare the prices. I have tried to do
some research online but with very few to choose from.
Thanks so much for your help and feed back.

Ray Mok, CRA, COMT
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center-Ophthalmology
One Medical Center Dr.
Lebanon, NH 03756

GIF image