[optimal] Cirrus OCT printer recommendations

  • From: Fernando Corrada <fcorrada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Optimal <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:57:00 -0400

Hi. We have replaced out Cirrus printer (HP OfficeJet 6000) twice. This time I
got a heavier duty unit (HP 8000 Pro) and it is not working properly. I was
advised by Zeiss to install only the printer drivers so I did that. It will
print a couple of patients OCTs and then it will become unresponsive. The power
light keeps blinking. I think that the printer is trying to get feedback from
the computer but because the printer software was not installed it can not
communicate causing it to hang. In the interim I connected the Cirrus to a
Canon iP4700 printer thru a network connection and it worked fine. Zeiss tells
me that the HP 8000 is not "approved" to be used with the Cirrus OCT. Zeiss
recommends to purchase another HP 6000  from them eventhough they do not have
in stock until November or to buy an Epson printer in the open market( i forget
the model). Funny!!!!
So my question to you is this: what printers are you using now, networked vs
USB cable connection and did you installed the drivers only or the entire
printer software package?
Thank you for your input.
Fernando B. Corrada
FAHC