[optacon-l] score another one for the Optacon!

  • From: Rachel <rachel720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 19:15:12 -0500

I recently had to remove a number of labels from a number of sheets
of preprinted labels.  So though I scanned each sheet first to
quickly determine which addresses were contained on it, I was able to
easily and accurately locate and remove the necessary labels with the
help of my Optacon.  While I suppose I could have figured out just
from my scanned version the row/column of the label needing to be
removed, I believe this would have been difficult and not a foolproof
method: For one thing, it's often hard to determine by touch where
one label begins and ends without making creases in the sheet; but
also, there would've been no way I could independently verify that I,
indeed, was removing the correct label.

Just wanted to share.  Life would be so much harder without the
Optacon!  We must keep these wonderful machines around!
Rachel