Re: reading with a crt lens

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:56:25 -0400 (EDT)

I learned a little about how print music is suposed to lok from a friend
of mine who is a music teacher. If you want to learn some about it,
National Braille Press has a braille book concerning the code for braille
music that has a print teaching guide. That would probably have a lot of
samples of how print music looks.
I never said I read print music on a computer screen. I said that it could
be done. I have read melody lines from hard-copy print music. Each measure
of a piece of music is on a separate music staff. The placement of the
notes on the lines and spaces of the staff tells what they are. The shape
of the symbol tells whichtype of note--half, eighth, quarter, etc. If you
get the chance to llok at print music some time you should try it. It's
really interesting.
Catherine