[optacon-l] Re: [optacon-l]re: raised-line alphabet

  • From: "Jo Luland" <joluland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 20:17:14 -0400

Hi, Thanks for the comments. Back in the 80's I became certified to teach
the Optacon. I went to Palo Alto and was provided with the necessary
equipment to do the job. Among the items given me was a set of raised
letters and raised numbers and punctuation marks. I have been blind since I
was 4-years-old and therefore had no knowledge of lower case letters. I was
taught upper case, but not on paper. I agree that learning the alphabet on
paper is definitely closer to knowing what to expect when using the Optacon.
Somewhere down the line, I loaned my set of raised letters, numbers and
punctuation to a co-worker and have lost contact with that individual. I
really appreciate all the responses I've received to my question and as I
said in a prior message, I'm going to try all the suggestions until I can
come up with something that I feel is suitable.
Regards,
Jo