[optacon-l] Re: [optacon-l]gee, Mister Science!

  • From: "Marie Rudys" <mrudys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:18:02 -0700

As anyone knows those high-tech canes which tell you what is ahead or above
you cost too much for poor people to afford.  So did the Optacon in its
glory days.  I wanted one badly, but in the 1970's, VR in Illinois forbade
blind people from using it.  It made me very unhappy, because I wanted to
learn how to read very much.  I just couldn't do it until 1994.

Marie