[optacon-l] Re: from Peggy Covey

  • From: don bishop <w6smb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 14:17:02 -0700

hi,

i have boy the r1-4 and the oltacon II.  Personally, I can use either o and
like them both.

It seems to bea personal thing where some people have a problem recogneazing
characters with the different-shaped array.  Also, threshhole seems to act
slightly differenffly on the by but machines which may be bothering some
people.

I think both were and still are fine units.  Given the choice I'll use my r1-4
because of added clarity, but really I can use either one with no problems at
all.

Again though, I really think it's a personal thing.  The closest anology I can
come up with is with speech synthesizers.  My favorites, some people just can't
stand, while their favorites can drive me crazy.

Thank God for choices!
Don