[optacon-l] Re: Rubber Reading Pads and Suitable ReplacementMaterials

  • From: "John Huffman" <j73.huffman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:31:49 -0400

Hi, All,

Guess I'm another one of those folks who just doesn't have a light touch.
As others have pointed out, there are lots of options besides a rubber pad
or mat, but I'm definitely one who needs something under single sheets or
other reading matter that lacks the heft of a hardback book.  One of my
personal favorites is a solidly-built stapler because it's long and narrow
and can be placed at the top of the book or document after you've read just
a very few lines, then gradually slid down the page if desired.  I can even
use it to provide a straight edge when tackling columns or spread sheets
that don't have horizontal lines to serve as a guide.

Regards, JH