[optacon-l] Re: Print Simetry

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 23:24:05 -0500

Hi Catherine and everyone!

I know what you mean about how nice tables can look.  I really appreciate
it when the grid lines are used in a table in a book.  It makes it so much
easier to track through the table.  I agree that the same table in braille
cannot look as pretty.

Your list of things you have seen with the Optacon got me thinking of two
things.  I was amazed to find that the print of magazine article titles can
be huge.  I think it's cool to find text printed in a curve just for the
sake of making the formatting fancy or to curve around a picture or also
found on the labels of LP's.  Oh, another thing just popped into my mind: I
have seen maps of various countries in books, and I like to find as many
cities mentioned as I can.  The place names can be completely horizontal as
any print on a page, angled left or right or sometimes vertical, causing me
to shift the camera or actually reorient the book to read, depending on the
orientation of the place name.

Debby

At 07:32 PM 7/16/2012, Catherine Thomas wrote

                                 --
                 mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.