Optacon service and repair

  • From: Dave Godfrey <dave.godfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:13:53 +0100

Dear  Optacon owners,

I would like to introduce myself to the list. I have been servicing and
repairing Optacon's for the past 18 or so years, here in the UK  and would
like to let Optacon owners living outside the UK  know that if they are
having problems finding a local service agent, you can send it to me.

The majority of problems I see are with broken signal wires in the camera
cable, which cause all sorts of problems with rows or columns of pins
appearing to the whole array not functioning.  The electronics have proved
to be very reliable and robust and even though it's been obsolete for many
years and some parts are unavailable, at least I'd be able to access whether
it is possible to repair or not.

Please feel free to contact me at the address below or email me direct at
dave.godfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm a firm believer in the Optacon and still think it was one of the best
reading aids ever invented.

Best regards

Dave Godfrey

Blazie