[optacon-l] Only the Optacon could do it...

  • From: "Cindy Handel" <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Optacon" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:01:56 -0400

I recently hired a company to help with housekeeping.  We do pretty well,
but there are things we miss, like cobwebs and little spiders, fingerprints,
etc.  Anyway, they emailed me a schedule, in PDF format.  It showed up as
"empty document", so I printed it and scanned it.  That worked.  I could see
the calendar, with all the days and dates listed.  But, I still didn't know
the days they schedule to come here.  So, I got my Optacon and looked at the
dates.  After each date they've scheduled to come is a very small asterisk.
The scanner didn't pick them up, and I don't think I tried the KNFB Reader.
But, they're very apparent when looking with the Optacon.  So, I was able to
see the schedule and let them know one week when we won't be here.  So, the
Optacon did it, again!

Cindy

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then...find the way."
Abraham Lincoln