One more scanning tip

  • From: Gailselfridge@xxxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 08:12:00 EDT

I use a Reading Edge for reading of long documents or books. In my reading of
a Bible study book, I found that every once in a while, the Reading Edge
would mix things up a bit. I knew the book was in one column, so the next time
that occurred I looked at that page with my optacon and found that the author
had
put little blurbs in the margin. I couldn't do much with the scanner, but I
could look at the format and from then on I could interpret these, or if they
got too confusing I could read that small part with my optacon. Without an
optacon, I'd have had to ask for sighted help, something I don't like to do and
wouldn't have bothered unless these notes confused me to the point where I
couldn't understand the main points of the text.
Gail