Re: OPTACON II BATTERY PACKS

  • From: Richard Oehm <oehmelec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:22:36 -0700

Hello Sharron,
One of the services my company provides is Optacon repair services.  The
battery packs for the Optacon 2 are no longer made and not available
from any source.  These battery packs were manufactured in Japan by
Cannon and to my knowledge no other source ever offered a replacement
for these battery packs.  This is unlike the earlier versions of the
Optacon where the replacement for the units Nicad battery packs are
still manufactured and sold by quite a few vendors.  Even though the
battery packs for the Optacon 2 are no longer available it is possible
to very carefully open these battery packs and replace the internal
nicad cells which are available from a wide variety of sources.  My
company Oehm Electronics rebuilds these Optacon 2 battery packs for
$135.00 each.  This is very delicate labor intensive work.  The $135.00
charge does not include shipping or sales tax if applicable.  For this
reason, be sure to save all of your old Optacon 2 battery packs don't
throw them away.  I hope this information is helpfull to you.  The
contact information for Oehm Electronics follows:

Oehm Electronics
2194C Galveston Avenue
San Jose, California 95122-3617
telephone:  (408) 971-6250