[optacon-l] A little awkward, but ...

  • From: "Marie Rudys" <mrudys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 05:17:07 -0700

Can an Optacon be used to set a clock with hands behind glass?  It might be
awkward doing it since you have to stop and read now and then.  I have a pretty
little mantel clock which chimes, and I just love it.  But, it is the only
clock I cannot set without sighted help, and I don't have that around much.
So, I was just wondering, because the only way I can think of setting such a
clock without help is when the time changes, leave the batteries out until the
right hour comes around so you can put them back and have it lined up with the
rest of the clocks in the house.
Marie